Learn more about Pasadena’s Landmark Districts…
The City of Pasadena has approximately 25 historic and landmark districts spread throughout the city — three are on the National Register of Historic Places, including Bungalow Heaven and Old Pasadena. The links below will take you to a few of our wonderful neighborhood districts:
- Bungalow Heaven Bungalow Heaven, a collection of Arts & Crafts-era homes, is Pasadena’s first Landmark District and a recent addition to the National Register of Historical Places.
- Garfield Heights Garfield Heights is a diverse collection of homes located in Northwest Pasadena around Marengo, Washington, Los Robles and Mountain.
- Historic Highlands Historic Highlands is a combination of many different architectural styles and cultures East of Lake Avenue and North of Washington Boulevard.
- Washington Square Washington Square Landmark District encompasses approximately 250 homes built mainly between 1910 and 1940, and is bounded by Washington, Mountain, El Molino and Lake.
Explore these links for valuable Pasadena-area information:
- Pasadena Now A great source and resource for what, where and when around Pasadena.
- Pasadena Star-News The local Pasadena-area newspaper.
- The City of Pasadena Home page of the City of Pasadena
- Pasadena Museum of History The Mission of the Museum is to promote an appreciation of history, culture, arts, and sciences relevant to Pasadena and adjoining communities.
- Pasadena Heritage The mission of Pasadena Heritage is to identify, preserve and protect the historic, architectural, and cultural resources of the City of Pasadena through advocacy, education, and oral histories.
- Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau Information on the meetings, businesses and people around Pasadena.
- PFAR Cultural Heritage Committee The Cultural Heritage Committee of the Pasadena-Foothills Association of REALTORS is dedicated to providing information and educating the public about our architectural heritage, the importance of its preservation, and the enhancement of the architectural and historical value of their homes.
- Pasadena Humane Society The Pasadena Humane Society & SPCA is an independent, donor-supported, non-profit agency that provides animal care for abandoned and homeless animals.